Untitled Title

So after a whirlwind weekend leading up to my birthday, the week was a drag.

Saturday before the big day was spent getting my hair cut (see post of 23 January for details) and going out with India and JJ to Borders Books then out to eat in the French Quarter. Being with either of them individually is always entertaining, but together, they kill me with their antics. I think the highlight of my evening was when JJ announced that he was going to become a stripper to make extra money. I’m surprised I didn’t need a medic right then and there.

On Sunday I went to see the Harlem Globetrotters for the first time in my life. It’s something I’ve wanted to do since I was a child, but always missed previous visits to the city. In December, though, when we went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, I saw the advertisement for the Globetrotters’ visit in January and announced that I would be at the game. I was afraid that the tickets would be astronomical in price, but I got tickets 22 rows from the floor for $25. It was a sweet deal and even sweeter game.

Monday I took off work to take care of a trip to the DMV which was less than stellar. We won’t dwell on the details of that visit.

The rest of the week was just a downhill ride. I’ve been emotionally just… I dunno. I haven’t wanted to be anywhere I was required to be at any given time. Be it work or home. Nothing seemed to pull me out. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I really do not like my job anymore and feel trapped here because of the economy.

The weekend once again improved my spirits, though, as Friday I went shopping for a new bike and also bought some gardening stuff so I can try my hand at an herb garden. I now have Basil, Peppermint, Spearmint, Lavendar and Chamomille. We’ll see how far I get with the growing before I commit to drying for teas.

Saturday India and I went to the cinema to see Taken which was a pretty good movie. Afterward we went to an art supply shop to buy some stuff for India’s portfolio as she is applying for graduate school at Tulane to begin in the summer.

Saturday night was spent alone in peace while everyone else went to a Mardi Gras ball. I have nothing formal to wear, which is why I didn’t go. Besides, I’m not that gung-ho about Mardi Gras in general anymore. I will attend the odd parade, but otherwise I couldn’t give a fig.

Yesterday was a bit dull. I tried twice to go to the lake for a spiritual recharge, but it didn’t seem to really work. I just felt blah.

Yet here I am on Monday, feeling okay again. Strange days these are!!